Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

St. Francis Dam: Concrete Blocks
San Francisquito Canyon

[Full View][Closeup]

Photo No. 5 from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster. This photograph is a double exposure. The house is not in the same location as these concrete blocks, nor would the house appear to be this big. The arrow points to the same concrete block as is shown in the center of photograph No. 4.

Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:

No. 5 Several concrete blocks.

From Plate II.

[Return to Text][Return to Photo Index]

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ] is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV
The site owner makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the site owner. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use.